Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Install Problem

• Please log in to reply

DJ Jay Tee

DJ Jay Tee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, so I had to wipe my hard drives after a failed install of Vista 64 bit RC1..... Long story. I now have my drive partitioned and ready for clean install. Partition 1 is formatted NTFS and Partition 2 is still RAW.

Upon boot of computer, I press any key to boot off of my Windows XP disk. The loading occurs, temp files installed, I choose to do an install, press F8 to agree to the TOS. Then a screen comes up stating for my to insert a full version of Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Home or Windows 2000 disc into the CD ROM and press ENTER. The disc IS in the CD ROM and it was what was used to boot the Windows installation in the first place. The disc IS Genuine with the holo cover and all. I've used it before to install Windows XP onto my computer with no problems before. However, this time it's being stubborn.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
just to be sure...this isn't an UPGRADE disk is it? are there any scratches on the disk?

DJ Jay Tee

DJ Jay Tee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's definitely a Full version and not an Upgrade. No scratches on the disk and no finger prints, hair, etc.