Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spellforce ( Order of the Dawn )

• Please log in to reply

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
I'll try the patch again already checked the sound level and speech and will let you know Thanks again. is there a fault in the Game

P.s these are the patch options i am downloading the full patch 1.5 is this the right one Thank you

http://spellforce.jo...rid=865&lang=en

Patch options are

update-patch (version 1.5x or higher)
Full patch (version below 1.5x)

Mirrors:
3D Gamers (both patches)

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 04 December 2006 - 01:25 PM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
It might be a bug but as i've not actually played the game yet (it's on my list of games to play) I can only give you general advice.

Spellforce Gold comes with the first expansion pack only so you should use the full patch.

Try backing up your saves, uninstall the game, reinstall the game, patch and put the saves back.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 04 December 2006 - 03:46 PM.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
:help: I downloaded the Game patch again last night but when i try to install it i get this error --- could not initialize installation. file size expected= 60881034, size returned= 51547168 so what should i do now the Good part is that Everything else is now working again the patch is a problem any ideas. THANK YOU again for all your Help your a real Star.

P.s You should play the Game as it is not easy to kill all Monsters but it is Good Fun

Edited by cheyenne 09, 05 December 2006 - 03:59 AM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Try contacting the support department to see if they can throw any light on the possible bug and patching problems.

http://www.jowood.co...meID=spellforce

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
I went to the Jo wood website and asked the support team for an solution to my patch problem so if i get an answer I'll let you know. Thanks again for all your help Zeus

:whistling: Cheyenne :blink:

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
The support department are requesting this info how do i keep this basic and still keep my privacy as i don't want them to have info that could be used to to gain access to my computer i know it sounds paranoid but just want to be careful the info they get isn't anymore than they need what they want is below so what should i do now. Thank you

thank you for your inquiry.

The patches you have detailed are indeed correct.

Please provide the following information:

• Direct X diagnose.
To create the DxDiag.txt, please do the following:
a) Run DXDIAG.EXE from your Start menu (click Start, Run... then type "dxdiag"
and hit Enter)
b) Click the "Save all Information" button, located at the bottom of the
program window
c) Save the file as "dxdiag.txt"
d) Attach the file "dxdiag.txt"

• Systeminfo.
To create the MSInfo32.txt, please do the following:
a) Run MSINFO32.EXE from your Start menu (click Start, Run... then type
"msinfo32" and hit Enter)
b) Click the "Export to txt" button.
c) Export the file as "Msinfo32.txt" (do not save it as a system-nfo file).
d) Attach the file "Msinfo32.txt"

Note: If you answer this Email please don´t edit the subject line. Thank you!

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The DirectX log will give them basic system specs, hardware driver information, version of Windows, computer name etc etc.

The msinfo log will give them more advanced system specs. Detailed hardware driver information, video codec information, audio codec information, drive letters assignments, details about your hard drives (it won't tell them what's on it), detailed system driver information, tasks running, running files, Windows services information, start menu information, startup program information etc etc. It basically just advanced system information and there doesn't seem to be any personal information taken.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
Thanks for your quick reply so you think this is normal information and is safe to give them this and why do they need to know about hardware and stuff Thanks again

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
It's just normal software and hardware information, I assume it's their standard procedure to obtain these logs. It'll be safe.

I suppose the want the information so that they can check hardware or software issues before they start looking for bugs in the game.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
ok i just thought i was a bit odd that the computer name would be in part of the information they were requesting. Thanks again

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
I have heard from the game support and they told me to uninstall the driver as that wasn't the right one so i downloaded this one from them ( the actual driver version is 93.71. ) and have since uninstalled the Game again and reinstalled it as they requested and have just finished doing that and tried the patch again but i still can't get it to work so i have replyed to the game support again so what should i do now. Thanks again for all your Help

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Wait and see what they come up with.

The driver I asked you to install isn't the wrong driver it's just slightly older and more stable then the current 9x.xx series of drivers. Which in my opinion are just complete crap.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
Still no luck with tech support as they haven't answered the my second Email but i have just received Spellforce 2 Shadow Wars and interestingly so far has no problems so what should i do now just live with this problem or any other ideas as i installed the driver version is 93.71 they suggested. Thank you again

P.s i didn't mean that you had suggested the wrong driver Sorry if you misunderstood in thier opnion i had the wrong driver installed Thanks again

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi ZEUS_GB
I have heard from Tech support and they told me to go and download the Patch from another website and try that so i downloaded it but can't get it unzipped and have tried winzip and after unzipped it wont install it so any ideas on the best course of action should be now. Thank you for all your Help

these are the links for to download the patch from a differant location:

http://www.gamershel...load_6505.shtml
http://www.fileplane...spx?s=99046&v=0

I hope you have a very Happy Christmas and a Great New Year

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Both of those patches are for the Breath of Winter expansion pack which you don't have.

Try this one:

http://www.gamershel...load_8105.shtml