Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop screen problem

• Please log in to reply

badmonur

badmonur

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I was just using my laptop like usual and this wierd line came up on screen, its like a hair thin line going from the top to the bottom. I tried to take a screenie of it but the pic came out regukar. I dont know what to do. How do I get it to go away??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have 2 laptop screens that have the same problem. This is a problem with the connections of the liquid crystals inside the screen itself and is not really fixable. The fix is to replace the screen altogether. One i fixed with a parts laptop bought off Ebay. I just pulled the whole display side of the parts laptop off and replaced the bad display on my good laptop. It is not something i would like trying again because i found i had to take almost the whole outer case off the good laptop to get to the screws and connectors to get the bad display off. This was on a Toshiba 4020 laptop.

The other laptop( a Dell latitude) has a thin red vertical line placed about 1/4 of the screen from the left side and i have left it like that. Annoying, yes, but i don't want to spend the time replacing the screen. I do have a couple of dead laptops i can pull the screen from to replace it. It's just that the laptop is not really worth any money to justify me fixing it. The computer runs fine and has done so for a few years now with the screen like this. Maybe someday i'll attempt to fix it. I have too many other things to do right now.

SRX660

badmonur

badmonur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
thx for the answer man, atleast now I know what went wrong.

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi badmonur, here a good site you can check out.
they done me a fine job on my laptop and fast.

http://www.fixmymonitor.com