Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with WMP 10 - can't restore license

• Please log in to reply

paige4

paige4

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Guys,

Been having a problem with playing legally downloaded and paid for music tracks. Everything I've bought
over the last few years won't play, I get a message - windows cannot play or burn protected file as an error occured while verifying the license. When I click on web help, I get the error code C00D11DA.
The same happens when I click on tools and try to back up or restore license in windows mp.
I've tried everything I can think of, and am now really fed up!! I also tried the napster DRM reset file,
and even that didn't work :-(
I have been running registry mechanic occasionally over the last 9 or 10 months, and I installed a new
Norton internet security 2006 around 6 months ago.
Seems mad to be unable to play music I paid to legally download!!!

You guys are my last hope :whistling:

Thanks in advance

Paige

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
There is a link with the options here

http://msmvps.com/bl...cles/11279.aspx

paige4

paige4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Keith,

I did try the microsoft support 'help' page, etc, but have had no luck with anything,

Napster offer a download which is supposed to fix this problem, but unfortunately it
didn't work.

If anyone has solved this problem, please let me know :whistling:

Paige

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you contact Microsoft?

paige4

paige4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi again,

I,ve been on the microsoft help page, and there is only one 'fix' on the page, which is the napster
DRM reset tool, which unfortunately didn't work for me :blink:

Apparently this 'unknown' error doesn't have 'one' solution! Not very helpful!

I'm totally lost with this. When I click on tools - back up or restore license in wmp 10, I get the
same message - Windows media player cannot play a protected file because an error occured
while verifiying the license.

I'm going round in circles. Can anyone help?? :whistling:

My only other option would be to pay vast sums of money to microsoft - but they're rich enough!
( I'd rather donate to a good cause)

I can't play any of my collection of music, which has been paid for over the last 5 years.

Any suggestions? Has anyone had and solved this problem?

Paige