Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having a problem

• Please log in to reply

artkopp

artkopp

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
:whistling: I keep getting a bubble popping up telling me my computer may be at risk. When I click on it it takes me to the Windows screen that shows if you have an active firewall, virus protection ect... I do (I have Bitdefender) and everything seems to work fine except for this constant popup bubble warning.

I recently emailed them about it and told them what other spware/malware programs I have and they sent the following reply.

Dear Art Kopp,

Thank you for your interest in our BitDefender security solution.

We strongly recommend you to uninstall the following applications as they
interfer with Bitdefender:

Spybot-Search & Destroy
Xoftspy
Spyware Blaster
Ewido

Thank you.

Best regards,

Florian Dobrila
BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

I did so but it has not fixed the problem. I have noticed in my hijackthis log I have the following entry:

O23 - Service: Aluria Universal OE Pop Proxy (AluriaUniversal) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Aluria Security Center\Aluria Anti-Spam Universal OE\popproxy.exe" -D "C:\Program Files\Aluria Security Center\Aluria Anti-Spam Universal OE\conf\\ (file missing)

I have done everything I can to remove including in Safe-Mode and nothing works. I used to have Aluria internet security but got rid of it when I was told it is no good.

I could not run the Ewido file as I no longer have it since BItdefender told me to remove it but here is the HiJackThis log and the Active scan log.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/razespyware Not disinfected c:\windows\system32\white.lst
Adware:adware/webattaker Not disinfected c:\windows\uniq
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/adultfriendfinder Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@adultfriendfinder[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@atwola[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Azjmp Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@azjmp[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@belnk[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/bravenetA Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@bravenet[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Ccbill Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@ccbill[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/cs.sexcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/did-it Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@did-it[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/GoStats Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@gostats[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Go Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@go[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/MediaTickets Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@kinghost[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@realmedia[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Server.iad.Liveperson Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\[email protected][4].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Toplist Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@toplist[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/WebPower Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Cookies\art_kopp@webpower[1].txt
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdmcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\apcsystray.exe
C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\mainserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ups.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\ART KOPP\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://northernvirgi...ox.net/cci/home
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://northernvirgi...ox.net/cci/home
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDVDDet] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ReminderApp] C:\Program Files\Nova Development\Greeting Card Factory Deluxe\ReminderApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsioReg] REGSVR32.EXE /S CTASIO.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\2\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDMCon] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdmcon.exe" /reg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDAgent] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdagent.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: APC UPS Status.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://northernvirginia.cox.net/cci/home
O14 - IERESET.INF: MS_START_PAGE_URL=http://northernvirginia.cox.net/cci/home
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {544EB377-350A-4295-9BEB-EAB8392E09C6} (MSN Money Charting) - http://fdl.msn.com/p...13/invinstl.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Aluria Universal OE Pop Proxy (AluriaUniversal) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Aluria Security Center\Aluria Anti-Spam Universal OE\popproxy.exe" -D "C:\Program Files\Aluria Security Center\Aluria Anti-Spam Universal OE\conf\\ (file missing)
O23 - Service: APC UPS Service - American Power Conversion Corporation - C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\mainserv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: IAA Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe" /service (file missing)

Attached Files

Edited by artkopp, 17 November 2006 - 12:00 AM.

Advertisements