Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no speaker sound

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Guys,
I upgraded my pc in the last few days and I cannot get the onboard sound to work. It is supposed to be AC97 Audio, with AD188 SoundMax Audio. I checked in the bios to see if the onboard was switched to on. I also downloaded the latest Sound Max Drivers. Any Advice would be appreciatted.
Cheers.

My specs are :
Motherboard : Asus K8V - MX
Processor : AMD 3400 Sempron 64 Bit
Graphics : Nvidia FX 68000
RAM : 1 Gig 3200 x 400
Hard Drive : Maxtor 200 Gig

Advertisements

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Try other speakers in the port, and make sure the existing cables are connected properly. This will rule out any problems with your speakers.

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi, Burnoutnotfadaway, I used the speakers in another system and they worked. I do however notice, in the sounds & Audio , it states No Audio device ?.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. This is interesting... You have all of your drivers updated, so they won't be the issue, and the speakers work elsewhere. Now, the system won't identify the speakers... I would have to say that there's something wrong with the computer itself for sure... When did this start? Have you made any changes to the system recently?

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
are you using a sound card or onboard? also try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
No, I just built this in the last week, using some of the things from my other pc, like the graphics card. But otherwise it is virtually new. I did insert a brand new Processor and heatsink. If it has not got the audio in it, I guess the first thing I shoud do is try and install it from the Motherboard cd.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Give it a shot :whistling:

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Cheers also Anto, will try both

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Ok, here is what I did to solve the problem. I took a sound card out of my other pc and installed it on this MB. Then I switched on, the AC 97 [ find Audio devices ] in the bios. Walla, the sound came on. I need to pop out tomorrow and get a new sound card as this one is up for sale with the other pc. Once again, thanks a lot guys for your efforts.

Cheers.