Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble installing itunes / quicktime

• Please log in to reply

bigdan

bigdan

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I assume this is the right dept, sorry if not.

I had itunes on my computer just fine, and had a shuffle with it. Plugged in a new ipod, said my itunes version is old needs updating. Fine I said though I thought this was weird since this ipod, although new, was a bit older than some of the newer models. Anyway, updated iTunes but now it complains quicktime version is too old, even though it came with the iTunes I just downloaded. Ive redownloaded numbers of times, as have I unisntalled them. No difference, said I need version 7.1.3 or something like that, which is what I have or at least should have.

Please advise!

Thanks
Dan

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I don't use either at the moment, simply because I've no wish to use iTunes so why should I have to d/l it if all I want is QT?

Anyhow, it occurred to me, when you uninstall, you might have to uninstall iTunes and QT separately in Add/Remove Programs. The error might be because the old QT is still on your system?

bigdan

bigdan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

I don't use either at the moment, simply because I've no wish to use iTunes so why should I have to d/l it if all I want is QT?

Anyhow, it occurred to me, when you uninstall, you might have to uninstall iTunes and QT separately in Add/Remove Programs. The error might be because the old QT is still on your system?

thats an idea. ill try that when i get home.

i dont particularly care for iTunes either but its required for the iPod.

btw what use is their for quicktime anyway?