Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems Deleting files

• Please log in to reply

kieves1

kieves1

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi i recently re installed windows on my computer.This may not be the cause but my brother installed something called bearshare and since then when i try to delete or remove it it just says cannot find the specified path.Make sure you specify the correct path.I put some photoes on off my phone yesterday and i cant delete them i get the same error message for them all.So i was wondering if its a problem with my windows xp home or something.Or is there a good file removal software that might do the trick.Its starting to get cluttered on my desktop and is really annoying so any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try doing all of this in safemode by tapping F8 and select safemode
have you tried removing it from add/remove programs

then right click on start click on explore and look for that folder bearshare

or right click my computer on c:drive right click....open then open program files

look for bearshare folder delete it if it wont delete then try using unlocker you find unlocker here

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

after its installed go back to bearshare folder and right click unlocker will appear click on unlocker

then if unlocker cant.... on the drop menu you have some options click delete

if still no success then rename bearshare folder and try again

then use your system tools disk clean up and run that

disk clean can found in accesseries from start to all programs accesseries system tools ...disk clean up click on it ...follow the prompts

if you have antivirus program this is a good time to run it

good luck

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Also try running System Restore. It won't delete any files you put on the desktop or in my documents, but if you pick a restore point that pre-dates the bearshare installation it should reverse the damage that bearshare did and so allow you delete those files in the normal manner.

If it's successful, remember to then temporarily disable system restore to delete all the restore points, otherwise you run the risk of getting bearshare and the problems back if you do another restore in a week or two.

Edited by pip22, 12 November 2006 - 01:24 PM.

kieves1

kieves1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i shall try these steps tonight thank you for your help

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
http://www.geekstogo...TE-t102531.html

Johanna