Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just bought the aquarium screensaver.

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hi, first I am no computer whiz and my jargon is not up to par.

I did have the software tech at work customize my notebook so that when I was away from it there was something moving on the screen.
I happen to like fish so I purchased the marine one.

I tried installing it once and obviously did not know what I was doing as it would not stay on long and I had to numerous times hit a key on the keyboard to get back to the work I was doing.

I was wondering if a member could do a brief description of what I have to do to rid of the current screen saver and what adjustments I have to make to install the new cd of the Aquarium.

I would also like to know what settings have to be used.

The last time I installed it, it was like the blind leading the blind and I didn't like the fact that I had to repeatedly hit any button several times to deactivate it as I don't have to do that wit this Windows one that I have in current use???
I know that I must be doing something wrong.

If a member could describe what I should do in short brief points and advise what is the optimum settings and where I find them I would greatly appreciate it.

Thankyou.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Evidently the time for the screensaver to 'kick in' is way too short. Assuming you are using Windows XP, right-click on an empty part of the Desktop and choose 'Properties'.
Now click on the 'Screensaver' tab.
Make sure your preferred screensaver is selected and showing in the drop-down list box.
Where it says "Wait", this is where you select the amount of idle time that has to elapse before that sceensaver will run.