Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2

• Please log in to reply

raeman

raeman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i load battlefield 2 and when it gets around 50-60% complete it crashes i dont see the problem it just crahes. ive played the game before. help!

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
What are your computer specs? Is it trying to optimize shaders or anything or just loading the game?

raeman

raeman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
my specs are fine amd 64 3500+ 1gb ddr2 ram. and GE force 7600 gt graphics card. it loads half way through

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Battlefield 2 is such a pain in the butt and a headache. Might as well try some basic things. First off do you have the most up to date drivers for your video card?

Next, I don't know if it might help or not, but try deleting the shader optimization information. You'll find it here: Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

Delete everything in the cache folder.

When this is deleted it will reoptimize the shaders information for your computer next time you start loading into a game. It only takes seconds to do so its worth a try.

I'm trying to avoid the "uninstall reinstall it" post. I'll see if I can find some more information on the issue.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
do you mean loading a map is when it crashes or when your installing it?

raeman

raeman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
cool man its when loading a map

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
you wanna know why it doesnt work? but the [bleep]s at ea games rush to get there games out so they make big errors in the coding that why theres so many patches. download battlefield cleaner v2.0 (search for it in google) and try that.

Also defrag, disk clean, clean registry etc basically clean your pc and then try it.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Yea, I've had my fill of EA. I got 2142 only because someone else was paying for it. I refuse to get another EA product no matter who is paying for it.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Yeah im not going to guy another EA game unless they do something to make the games run better!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It costs them less to just release it and fix it later if its got some commercial viability, but they are capitalising on the fact that alot of people do NO research before buying games, i wanted BF2 but waited to find out about bugs and decided not to buy it for that reason it just ran like crap even with bug fixes. I haven't bought an EA game since command and conquer and thats really Westwood which is just in the EA group.

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I owned alot of games by EA. I have it when BF2 loading for a long time. My Everex GA28 should of load BF2 just fine for me with 1.25 GB of RAM and GeForce 7600GS 512MB. The rest of the EA games I owned, No problems what so ever. :whistling:

Stupid Electronic Art

chriscomputers

chriscomputers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I have been I think through every forum on the net dealing with this game and battlefield 2142 crashing. I have tried everything from deleting folders, registry entries, reinstalling, OS reinstall, and bug fixes. The customers PC I had this problem with was on a 3800X2 dual core athlon system with 1GB of memory and a 7600GT video card. The two errors I was having was first, the game just flat out was not starting, just booting for a bit and then back to desktop. The other error I would get was some stupid Sanity Memory error which would happen half way through booting into a map which didn't make any sense because the memory was good. I found a solution. I installed windows 2000 pro instead of windows XP. After installing windows 2000 all errors I once had with this game were non existent. I installed the games and the current packages and everything just worked. Not sure why this works with windows 2000 for me and not XP. Thought I let everyone know. :whistling: