Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem accessing certain sites

• Please log in to reply

icyhott

icyhott

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have DSL broadband and a home network that has 2 pc's. The pc that is hard-wired to the router has a very good internet connection with the exception of a few sites. I am unable to access www.yahoo.com (although no problem with news.yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com etc) and when I go to Youtube.com and try to watch a video the video player just hangs at the"loading" stage. I've tried to install the latest flashplayer without any success. The other pc that accesses the internet via the wireless network has no problems accessing the above sites or viewing videos on youtube. Any ideas and potential solutions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Mel

Advertisements

icyhott

icyhott

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
After almost pulling my hair out I've found the solution to my problem. I had Zonealarm as a firewall but even disabling it or uninstalling it did not solve the problem. I discovered today that I had an NVidia firewall running in the background also. As soon as I disabled the NVidia firewall my problem was solved. :whistling: