Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DAT: Physics Based Encryption

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Have any of you guys ever heard of DAT. Its a fairly new company but they make products to encrypt computers and stuff. They use it in the government already I think. My friends dad own the company. Its actually kind of cool. Basically they make this little usb drives, but not little, you put it in your computer and it encrypts it. It uses a physics based key, and the coolest part is that when its encrypted you can only use the computer at the location of where you encrypted. DAT Website. You guys would really like it. They're not really mainstream yet but I'll find out when they will. It is already available to the public but its not like everyone knows about it and its very expensive. I think its about 400 USD a unit. But not sure. Really cool though. Physics Based Encryption.

Edited by Drumbum667, 14 November 2006 - 09:21 AM.

Advertisements