Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help a simpleton

• Please log in to reply

desmerelda

desmerelda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hallo my problem is im trying to rearrange windows media player and make it neat. when i click file in media player these files beginning with c:documents and settings... are down the end of the file menu and i want to delete them but it wont let me right click on any of them and i cant figure out how i delete the. any ideas? please be basic with lingo :whistling:

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
What verison of MP are you using?

I don't understand exactly what you're trying to accomplish? Are you trying to clean up the library? Please be very specific about what menu you've chosen to get where you are.

desmerelda

desmerelda

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi sorry ok media player 10 and its the drop down menu for file at the very top of media player where you find things like open, add to library,

like this
open...
add to library...
work offline...

then all this other stuff like(bout 8 lines)
c:documents and settings blah blah....

except i cant right click to delete them

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Those items listed at the bottom of the File Menu are the "most recently used" files - it's just a list (for information only) - you can't delete them.

Do you want to delete the actual file or just not see it listed on the File menu?

Edited by LindaGail, 14 November 2006 - 01:55 PM.

desmerelda

desmerelda

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ah i see yeah i just wanted to see them not listed i think