Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

QT

• Please log in to reply

L4L827

L4L827

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey,
I've been trying to install the most recent version of itunes but everytime i try to install it, it says there is an error trying to uninstall quicktime. I think it says something about not being able to find QuickTime.msi so it stops the whole installing of itunes. I have been trying to uninstall Quicktime seperatly but it wont work. I was wondering if anyone could help me uninstall quicktime manually.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Look at Microsoft article 290301 Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. This might help you get QT uninstalled.

Are you trying to install the iTunes/QT combo?

L4L827

L4L827

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I dont know what that was that you were talking about but i downloaded it and clicked on it and it didn't do anything. There was some kind of error.
Yes, I'm trying to install the ITunes/QT combo. It just seems that anytime the installation gets to the part with quicktime, the error comes up and stops the installation. And QT wont uninstall by just going to control panel, add/remove programs, nothing even starts when i click to uninstall it from there.

Any more suggestions?

Also, are you a moderator or just good with computers, because I think i remember reading somewhere that if you are asking for help, you should wait for one of the moderators to help.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
An .msi is a Microsoft Installer file, if it tells you what folder the .msi file should be in you could use the search function to find it on your computer and make a copy of it in that folder, you may need to make a folder of the correct name. Also you may be able to download the QuickTime.msi from the web. I found quite a bit about this problem on Google so that may be a good way to start.