Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

512 sticks in a solo 5300

• Please log in to reply

duley3

duley3

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Gateway website states that the max amount of ram is 512mb.

I want to know if there is anywhere to add 1 gig to this machine? What I would like to do is add 2 sticks of 512mb.

I don't know if this matter or not but there is a Bios update for the machine. I have version 22.07 and the new one is version 22.10 ( I think ). Would the update allow me to add more memory? Or does this not have any thing to do with this?

I know this is an older machine but right now memory and other little tweeks are all I can do. :whistling:

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
If the system says max ram is 512, and you have two slots, it won't even take a 512MB stick, it will take 2x 256MB sticks. Max amount of RAM really isn't something that can be overcome.