Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did I do this?

• Please log in to reply

pastlives

pastlives

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Posted Image

That? Anyone? I try to apply a picture as a background and it remains as this.

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Have you tried right clicking on the Desk Top, go to Properties, click the "Desk Top" tab and try to change the background to something else?

pastlives

pastlives

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah, done that.

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Is it that you want the taskbar on the bottom of the Desktop? If so, right click on the Taskbar and be sure "Lock the Taskbar" is unchecked. Left click and hold on the Taskbar and drag it back to the bottom of the Desktop.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you trying to change the background of the startup menu or your desktop background...cuz the image y ou posted is just of the start menu/taskbar

pastlives

pastlives

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
the background, it's a desktop browser or whatever like you see. the start menu is supposed to be on the side, that's how i like it, but the folder tasks/other places/details and the big white square is my desktop background and i have no idea how i did that.

DSMaster

DSMaster

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
That is a folder you have there, try clicking it and hitting alt+F4. if that brings up a shutdown menu close it and say so

Edited by DSMaster, 15 November 2006 - 02:10 PM.