Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video and flash

• Please log in to reply

playa_in_mind

playa_in_mind

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
i need help with my video and flash. i thought it was my firewall but i completely disabled it and restarted the computer and i still dont see anything. i have have flash player, windows media, and realplayer, none of them work. all i see is a blank square with a small square in the upper left hand corner with the circle, triangle, and square inside it. how do i fix?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
It sounds like you either need the right codec's or your computer does not have the right drivers needed by your hardware.

http://www.free-code...bout_codecs.htm

You might try downloading everest home edition and see what it says about the video and sound drivers for your computer. Generic windows drivers are NOT what you are looking for. ou really need specific drivers for each type of hardware. IE - realtec drivers for the realtec sound hardware, correct video drivers for the hardware that is in the computer.

End line here is still that you do not have the right codecs installed to view or hear the videos. This could also be a security issue you need to change. Perhaps your settings won't let the computer download anything.

SRX660

playa_in_mind

playa_in_mind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
it was all still working until i put a antivirus/firewall program on my computer, after that i cant get flash or any video's on the internet...i will try what you said though.

GringoCowboy

GringoCowboy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
what firewall & a/v did u install? might try tweaking the settings on those since u stated this prob started after installing those :whistling:

playa_in_mind

playa_in_mind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
after thinking, it might have been because i used the "back in time" feature on my computer, i did that AND installed defender pro 5 in 1 2007. i have tried adding one and all of my media players to the application rules and set it as allow all. i even emailed defender pro to ask if it might be the cause but i have heard nothing from them.