Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

extracting files

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I was just going to mention that one...I see a couple other questionable entries in the log, as well. I'm still leaning towards an update as what you saw going on, though. It sure wouldn't hurt to post a log in the Malware Forum...it would appear there is still some cleanup to be done.

At this point, I's say just watch the machine to see if this extraction process happens again...I fully expect it will not. Does the machine seem to be running ok other than that?

Advertisements

yybbaa

yybbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Seems to be running fine.
Do I just go to the malware forum and post my log? Is there a certain procedure I should follow?
Thank you for all your help. I am always amazed at how much you folks know and am sure glad you are willing to help those of us who know so little.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
There are some good (and free) applications on the page in the link that you can run on the machine before posting a log. Then just click on the "New Topic" button at the upper right and post a log with a short description that we saw those suspicious entries. I didn't see anything serious so it should be a pretty easy go.

I found Geeks to Go while looking for help, too. I found it (the help) and G2G has been home ever since.... :whistling: