Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps restarting in normal mode

• Please log in to reply

justice2536

justice2536

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi,

Hope some one can help me? My computer was working fine this afternoon and the only place I visited on the net was eBay, then this eveniing still connected to the net my computer decided to restart.

Just as the desk top has loaded the computer comes up with a message telling me system error and gives me 60 seconds before it restarts again, I can start up in safemode with networking but it still restarts in normal mode.

Have run Housecalls, AVG etc, now windows still restarts in normal mode but I now get loading error system32\drvcun.dll.

This is driving me crazy.

someone plz help

justice2536

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This should result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

justice2536

justice2536

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
ok,

have done what you asked and this is what happened after rebooting in normal mode

RUNDLL

Error Loading

C:\windows\sysytem32\drivcun.dll

The specified module couldnot be found

I closed the error box, then desktop loaded 60 seconds later screen went blank, nothing

justice2536

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

C:\windows\sysytem32\drivcun.dll

you're 100% that's the correct spelling on that .dll file right?

justice2536

justice2536

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
yes it was

c:\windows\system32\drivcun.dll

I put one too many s's in system before

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....i can't find ANY info on that file name...anywhere....

i'm going to see if i can get a couple more eyeballs in here but for now

Please submit the following file to this online file scanner.

c:\windows\system32\drivcun.dll

Jotti File Scan

This will produce a report after the scan is complete, please copy and paste those results in your next post.

Edited by dsenette, 17 November 2006 - 09:11 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go HERE and skip to step 5 (Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log). Follow all of the steps for scanning your computer and generating a log. when the scan is complete, press the "Save log" button. A "Save Log file" dialog box will appear. Type Hijackthis.txt for the file name and make sure that "save as type" is set to "all files". Save this file to a location that you will remember (your desktop is good). Now on your next post ATTACH this newly created txt file with your next post.
DO NOT POST THE CONTENTS OF THE HIJACK THIS LOG. This will encourage others to do this as well and we do not want that.

justice2536

justice2536

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Ok

The Jotti scan is still going and have done a HJK scan

justice2536

justice2536

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
This is finally the result I got from Jotti

The file you uploaded is 0 bytes. It is very likely a firewall or a piece of malware is prohibiting you from uploading this file

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how bout that log

justice2536

justice2536

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
its not letting me send trhe attachment have sent it twice

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you've probably got it saved as a .log file....do you know how to change file extensions?

open up "my computer" and click on "tools" then "folder options" click on the "view tab" and untick the box next to "hide file extensions for known file types" then press apply and ok...now find the hjt log file (it should end in .log) right click the file and choose "rename" rename the file "HiJackThis.txt" (make sure to put the .txt at the end and leave out the quotes) then attach that file to the post... then go back and retick that "hide extensions" box in explorer

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
I split your Hijackthis log to this topic looks like you have some malware issues that need cleaning up. http://www.geekstogo...s...pid=838446

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
justice...don't reply to this thread any more untill the issue is resolved

keep all the stuff in http://www.geekstogo...s...pid=838446 that thread...your brand spankin new malware thread

(which is where i moved that last post)