Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rat Issue

• Please log in to reply

Punisher 1

Punisher 1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I leave both of my pc's on 24/7. I a KVM to my XP Home sp2 and to my Linux box. Last night I could not get the mouse to respond on the XP box. I rebooted the machine to no help. I tryed a different mouse no help. I shut down and disconnected the KVM and still no responce. The original mouse is a optical and the light was not on all the time. I would turn it upside down and the light would come on then go off. That is when I tried a ball mouse and it did not repond either..

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Yeah that sounds pretty serious. If you could tell us whether you were using a PS/2 or USB mouse that would help, but I'm guessing your using PS/2.

If you are using PS/2 then you could probably get a USB mouse to work just fine. If not you could debug your problem by controlling the WinXP computer remotely from the Linux Box.

Hope you get'r figured out:)