Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant install when right clicking.

• Please log in to reply

uu60

uu60

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
"Please wait while windows configures client security."
"the feature you are trying to use is on a network ressource that is not available."
"scs.msi"

Thats what I get every time I right click some , or left click the firewall icon.
I use symantec client firewall.
and when I cancel one of the install messages , they pop up again 2 or 3 times.

And last , when I left click a starcraft bot (stealthbot) , something called quicktime play tracks starts the same install like thing.

Help?

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
SCS is Symantec Client Security. It is possible you have corrupted files. Have you tried reinstalling the suite?

uu60

uu60

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Heres the thing , the symantec stuff is on the windows xp cd my big brother gave me , and I can't find the install for it on the cd while browsing and neither can I figure out how to reload the post-install wizzard thing.
Also , it does the same thing with another program called quicktracks , whatever that is.
I dont really know how to reinstall.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
have you tried getting all the patchs for windows...while at the update site look on the left hand side for any hardware and software updates...get those as well.....

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
You can download the program directl from Symantec if you subscrption is current.
Here is a link to QuickTracks.

uu60

uu60

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thats one of the things , I dont actualy have quick tracks.
I dont want it either , and I have no idea why it continuously tries to install o.O.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
I would recommend you post a HJT log and explain to the HJT Team what you want to disable. I sounds to me as if you have a program that was incompletely removed or did not successfully install. Either way you have a registry key that is causing you a problem. The experts with the HJT Team will be able to guide you. Do not accept help from anyone, except for a HJT Team member, in reference modifying a HJT log.
Once posted do not post to the topic till a HJT Team member replies to you post. They look for 0 post when looking for logs to review. If you were to post a second time you would get a response, it would just be delayed.
Good luck