Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox 2.0 and Free Download Manager

• Please log in to reply

kotak77

kotak77

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
yea so i have both of these and b4 i never had trouble with firefox and FDM but now for some reason...FDM is not showing up to download firefox's files...firefox's regular downloader thing comes up not FDM? any suggestions?

Advertisements

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Hello,

What is the name of your download manager that you are using? Or the name of the extention that firefox is using?

Also I have noticed in firefox 2.0 the download manager does not pop up anymore. I am not sure if firefox knows of this issue but in the old verison if you downloaded something it would pop up in the download box. Either way I'd check the firefox site for updates or send them a question.

Patrick

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
double post.

Edited by pyron81, 18 November 2006 - 06:49 AM.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
My download manager is called free download manager and i use firefox 2.0

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Apparently Firefox is overriding the download manager you downloaded. I am pretty sure it is not compatiable with firefox but I would send them an email just to ask them.

Here is there support:
http://www.freedownl...org/support.htm

If all your looking for is a download manager that continues downloading without breaking during the download I would recommend this firefox add on:
Flash Got

https://addons.mozil...rg/firefox/220/

Probably one of firefox's best. Works just like the one you use. It sits on the desktop and downloads and you can continue or choose to stop whenever you want.

Hope this helps.

Patrick