Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Control Key does not work right after SP2 install

• Please log in to reply

PAUL5500

PAUL5500

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Just upgraded to SP2 and Internet Explorer 7. All went well, or so I thought. I find that now when selecting rows from a list of rows on a website, holding down the Control key while left-clicking only on the rows that I want to select(highlight) does not work anymore. What happens now is the left click on a row while holding down CTRL takes me out of the page and puts me on my home page. I don't know if its the control key or the mouse function that is off, as the control key still works with control/alt/delete, and the mouse still seems to work in all other situations. Mouse is not that old (optical). Am using Norton Antivirus, NoAdware and Internet Firewall. Thanks.

Advertisements

PAUL5500

PAUL5500

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Answered my own question. An upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 can create a conflict with NVIDIA graphics software, which results in a loss of the ability to select non-contigous rows on a website using CTRL key and a left click of mouse. To fix, got rid of NVIDIA graphics drivers in Add/Remove programs (I kept NVIDIA GART, however). I then went to NVIDIA site and downloaded latest version of drivers for my GeForce4 MX440 AGP8X. (forceware release 90 version 93.71)