Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply

espo1313

espo1313

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to clean a machine that has become very slow? I have tried running Spybot, and it removed some programs but not all, I have also gone into msconfig to see what is running, and have gone to selective startup, then removed items from regedit.. What else can i do?

D

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi and Welcome,

Please download HijackThis.

http://www.besttechi.../HijackThis.exe

Put HJT in a Permanent folder.
Click My Computer, then C:\
In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.
That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis". Now you have C:\HJT\ folder. Put your HijackThis.exe there, and double click to run it.
This will allow backups to be made and saved By hijackthis in case something goes wrong.

Double click the HijackThis icon, and chose "Do system scan only" then click "Scan", then after it scans "Save log", Notepad will open with the log inside, copy the entire log and post it here. :tazz:

B