Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP 0x000000D1 (0x8EA4F2DA, 0x00000009, 0x000000001, 0xF792E7F1)

***i8042prt.sys - address F792E7F1 base at F792E000, Datestamp 41107ecc

any help or advice??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

* Error Message with RAM Problems or Damaged Virtual Memory Manager {KB 810093} Win XP Home (during restart)
* “STOP:0xD1” Error Message When You Start Your Win XP-Based Computer {KB 316208} Win XP
* Stop 0x000000D1 Error Message When You Turn Your Computer Off {KB 317326} Win XP (with USB device(s) connected)
* “STOP 0x000000D1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys” Error Message When You Try to Shut Down the Computer {KB 810980} Win 2000, Win XP (Logitech mouse with outdated MouseWare software)
* STOP 0xD1 error message when you start your Win XP-based computer {KB 839876} Win XP (ACPI issue, a Hotfix is available)
* WRQ AtGuard Program Causes Error Message in Win XP {KB 319870} Win XP (AtGuard version 3.22)

Also , just maybe

http://support.micro...kb/888399/en-us

Since you give us no other information so we must guess as to what type of computer this is happening to. There are other KB articles but i do not want to take the time to look them up and list them all.

SRX660

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
mrsFlynn, please do not take this badly but i really think you have a problem Hard drive or motherboard. I have been directed to the malware thread and have seen what everyone has tried so far to fix your BSOD problems. Personally if i had tried all that you have tried my computer would have been in a million pieces by now. You are getting way too many crashes for this to be software related. It is time to think about replacing the motherboard and maybe the Hard Drive. If you need to go this far to fix your computer it might be easier to replace it with a new computer.

I may be wrong in this but because i run a small computer shop, i cannot afford to spend the time you have spent trying to fix this. I would already be replacing parts to find out what the problem is. Kudo's to the people here that have helped you to figure out your problem. After almost 30 days with constant errors something is really wrong.

The good part of this is that with christmas coming there are some very good deals on computers right now. You might want to check them out. Even with problems you old computer can be sold as a parts computer so you can get some of your money back. You might look thru some of the black friday ads at the below website to see what is available.

http://bfads.net/

The above is only my personal opinion. I would be quite crazy if my computer was doing what yours is. I guess that why i always have 5 or 10 around.

SRX660

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thank you so much for your honest, and quick reply! I have been at my witts end with all of this and am extreamly greatful for all the help recieved from this site! BSOD and shut downs have slow down conciderable so I assumed we were getting closer and I guess with the lack of communication from others I was just feeling kinda left high and dry with no explanation. I can totally appricaite and understand everything you have suggested and advised for me. The computer it self was just put together by a friend of a friend about 6-8 mths ago.....I think I might just raise a little [bleep] there as I did when I got the new ram!

I really appriciate the time that you have taken to talk with me ..... I do apologize again for all the postings that were unnecessary.... had anyone suggested sooner that I was a lost cause I would have stop pestering much sooner. LOL

Again I have found this site to be invaluable and have refered it too many people!
Keep up the great work!

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
mrsflynn, you never have to apologise for posting here. We welcome the challenge to try fixing problems for people and thru this forum other people can learn how to fix their own computers. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN situation for everyone here. You win because you learn things, the Techs here learn new methods, and other visitors learn how to fix their own computers so there are no losers ever.

I have gone thru your posts a second time now. The one thing that does stand out is that you have never tried reinstalling XP on the computer again. Since i am assuming the computer is almost unuseable there is no harm done trying to use this method to fix the computer. Hopefully you have saved any data you do NOT want to lose from the computer to CD's.

gerryf has made a excellent tutorial on how to wipe your drive and start installing XP from a OEM or retail XP CD. I do hope you received a XP OEM or RETAIL CD with your computer. If not i would be asking the person who built the computer why i did not get one. Even as a small business i have to buy a copy of Windows for each computer i build to sell so i include the CD with each computer.

gerryf's tutorial

http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=101068

Perhaps you can install a clean XP on your computer and the errors will go away. While i do NOT think it will fix your problems it does not hurt to try it at this stage. It was my mistake to not suggest this beforehand. If it does not fix the problem you have really only lost a day or two doing the install and setting the computer to the way you like it. This will also really tell you if it is a hardware problem if the errors come back.

You might even get the friend of a friend to do a install very cheaply. I will do them for free for people since it only takes a couple of hours tops to do it. It lets my customers know i will be there for them when they need me. I have never regretted doing this for customers.

SRX660