Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth Control Panel

• Please log in to reply

mridang_agarwal

mridang_agarwal

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hey guys,
I just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle for my PC today. I was really excited to use it because for the first time i would be able to sync my cellphone with my PC wirelessly. Right now, I'm practically tearing my hair out in frustration cause I'm facing some problems with my Bluetooth. I've come to you guys for help.

I have SP2 installed. When i plugged in my bluetooth dongle XP popped up the 'Found New Hardware' dialog box. I pointed the location of drivers to the CD and installed the drivers successfully. Now i can see my bluetooth dongle in My Computer >> Devices properly but i cant access any of the Bluetooth functions because seem to find the control panel applet or the My Bluetooth Places icon in My Computer.

What do I do? I even tried typing 'bthprops.cpl' in Start >> Run but to no avail. Some gimme a solution please - don't even mention re-formatting 'cause I just did a few hours back! Thanks in advance guys.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there mridang_agarwal.

Sometimes there is more to hardware than just drivers. What Bluetooth dongle did you get. (Name, eg. Bluesoleil)

Such as the Bluesoleil Dongle there is an application that must also be run so that you can have functionality. Try look for an installation file which should be along with your drivers.

Let me know if you got the problem resolved or what model dongle you have.

Cool :whistling: