Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with my 7900 GT

• Please log in to reply

oakland20

oakland20

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well simply put is when i play battlefield 2142 i can usually play 4 like 20-25 min and then its crashes, and after i resart my computer it asks would u like to send an error report and so i do it and it says it was a driver problem, but i've tried reinstalling my drivers and installing previous ones but nothing helps, so im hoping u guys can. Thanks in Advanced.

Edited by oakland20, 18 November 2006 - 08:28 PM.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Well simply put is when i play battlefield 2142 i can usually play 4 like 20-25 min and then its crashes, and after i resart my computer it asks would u like to send an error report and so i do it and it says it was a driver problem, but i've tried reinstalling my drivers and installing previous ones but nothing helps, so im hoping u guys can. Thanks in Advanced.

20-25 minutes each time??

I herd some people having problems with that game but others have no problems at all.

Have you tried patching the game to the latest patch??

You said you tried installing drivers and installing previous ones. Have you tried the very latest drivers off of the video card manufacturers website. Sometimes the very latest can have problems also aswell as the driver cd that came with your video card when you try to run newer games. Try another version of video card drivers that you already havnt tried.

If you try all of this and the problem still persists there might be a slight overheating problem in your case or the video card itself.

oakland20

oakland20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thx 4 the reply i found it to be overheating and im going to go get some fans 4 my case, wat brand would you guys recommend.

Also i have a problem with my desktop.

kinda retarded but it annoys the heck out of me, when ever i put a file on the desktop theres gray all aroun the text, i can change the color of it put i cant seem to get rid of it, if any body can help with this simple but annoying help would be most appreciated

Edited by oakland20, 20 November 2006 - 12:41 PM.