Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two questions- Urgent- Please help :(

• Please log in to reply

sweeper

sweeper

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
My computer specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
640 MB DDR [133 MHz]
40+80GB IDE HDD<<40 GB is the Master and 80GB slave
nVidia FX 4000 128 MB AGP
1 CD/DVD RW and 1 1 CD RW
OSes: Win XP pro [SP2], Ubuntu, Fedora Core 5

Now I have 5 partitions in my 1st HDD, C:\> Windows, D:\> MS Virtual PC, E:\> NTFS partition for application and Data, F:\> Linux SWAP and one 5GB partition for Ubuntu.

2nd HDD: 21GB for FC5, and I, J, K, L, M, N, O of different sizes. Out of these only one is FAT32 [shared between Win and Linux] rest are all NTFS.

My questions is: does having so many partitions slow down the computer performence considerably? I am also seeing a lot of disk activities lately. Please suggest how best I should organise the partitions on my hard disks. I have Partition Magic 8, so data loss during partition is not a problem. I need advices badly and quickly.

Secondly, is there any way to increase the windows temporary folder size?

Please :whistling: :blink: :help:

Advertisements