Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Cable Extensions

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Do they make extensions for USB cables such as would be used for webcams and printers that would enable someone to have thier webcam fartheerr away from computer than normal 3 foot section that usually comes with camera. I always keep my computer monitor quite far away from my working area, around 4 feet, due to eye problems, but would reqire that my web cam be approximately 5 feet from my working(where I sit) area.

Waynf

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
They sure do! :whistling:

Take a look HERE, it's from TigerDirect's canada site.

Fenor

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
One more question concerning USB extensions. I noticed that when I plug in headset or webcam to USB port that my external desktop speakers no longer function. If USB extension by itself is plugged into USB port, with nothing attached at oppsite end, will speakers still be overridden.,

Waynf

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
They shouldn't be because nothing would be using the sound card.

Fenor