Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME Settings

• Please log in to reply

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Everyone, I had an error on my pc and got it fixed in a shop, but they wiped my hard drive, and re-installed windows ME. I have put stuff back on but now when I set things, it doesn't save them, I open my music file and change view to large icons, and close it but when I open the folder again the icons have changed to list again, ( I don't want ALL the folders on large Icons, only some of them). Also when I try to play a video, I set it to open with windows media player and apply it to all of same type, but when you try and open a video again, the select program list keeps comming up, before it will play. And in my windows explorer list, the grey box on the left hand side is just plain grey, it doesn't have the files in a list that you can expand like it should, It must be a setting I need to change, but which one. Finally, all my internet settings are on Custom, should I change them to Defult, or leave them as the shop has set them, I asume it was them. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi tanda...

Open one of your folders, click "Tools" on the toolbar, and select "Folder Options". Click the "View" tab and locate "Remember each folder's view settings" in the list. Is it checked? If not, check it and "Apply" the change. Reboot and see if the folder view remains as you set it.

wannabe1

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Wannabe, Yes, thats the first thing I looked at, it is ticked, but the folders won't remember their settings, anything else I can try?

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
UPDATE

I got the Media player working, I just downloaded it again, works ok now, still no luck with the rest.