Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Problem

• Please log in to reply

brettxw

brettxw

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
My mother has a Dell, up to date, brand new. Maybe a year old. Well she bought this 20.00 game and it failed the minimum requirements. It passes everything except for the Video. I dont see why it would fail, its a brand new computer wide screen. I checked the Direct X, everything is up to date. Says something about 3D rendering that it is not supported. Anyone know how to check or fix this? Shes annoying me. haha :whistling:

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Give us the name of the game and the model number of the computer, we should be able to clear this up.

The problem is probably that very few games will run on onboard video, but there's only one way to be sure.

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Name of the Game is (its my mothers computer I remind you hah) Desperate House Wifes. The model number of the Dell is Model #: Inspiion E1705

The game works fine on my brothers laptop though.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Requires a GeForce 3 or better, DX9 compatible card. Laptop has Intel GMA950 series integrated video...should work. I've got a lot of respect for Intel onboard video, as far as onboard video goes.

Go to Start -> Run, type devmgmt.msc, hit enter, and let us know if anything in there shows with a ? or !

Also, go to Start -> Run, type dxdiag, hit enter, tell it "no" if a little window pops up that wants a choice, and let us know the DirectX Version (last thing listed in the System Information box). Next, go to the Display tab, and run the Test Direct3D option, let us know if anything fails.

I'm going to bed, and won't be able to check this for about 12 hours, so if a staffer happens along after brettxw replies, have at it. Maybe a driver update, if that all comes back clean? I'm pretty sure it should run...