Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger acting up

• Please log in to reply

DesertMac

DesertMac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Anyone have any ideas why Yahoo Messenger would work on my machine all along and then quit connecting all of a sudden? I have used it for several years with no problems. On Friday afternoon, it was working fine. Come Friday night, and it would try to connect and comeback to the sign-in screen. I am having no problems at all with my browser, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've tried re-installing it and get the same results. Went through all the connection options, nothing. Even turned off firewall. I went through and cleaned my computer as described in this forum, still nothing.

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Try restoring ur system .

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
This more than likely is a malware problem. Visit the Malware forums section and post a HijackThis Log there. Good luck.

JeanetteM

JeanetteM

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Maybe cleaning out the registry before re-installing will help. :whistling: