Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AGEIAs physX

• Please log in to reply

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
hey, I was just wondering what exactly the physX card is, and if I need another graphics card port thing to get one in my computer?
thanks

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
The PhysX card adds additional graphics to existing games, a very, very short list of games. Unless you're playing one of these games, it will do absolutely nothing for you. For a complete list:
http://ageia.com/physx/titles.html
It runs off of a normal PCI slot.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
PCI? is that any diffrent than PCI-E?

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Yes. PCI is the current standard for most add on cards, like sound cards, modems, physx cards, network cards, etc. You probably have 2-4 on your motherboard, they're white slots, a couple of inches long.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
cool, is there any way to find out how many ive got with a software program or something that you know of?

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
DXdiag might tell you, but the easiest way is to open the side of your case and look at how many white slots, about 3" long, you have. They'll be toward the back on the bottom.