Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C++: Can build the dll file, but cannot register

• Please log in to reply

girish_hk

girish_hk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm converting a VC++6.0 project from MBCS to Unicode. I was able to succeed in building it in Win32 Debug mode and also run it. The dll files were able to register using Regsvr32.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Now when I build them in Win32 Release mode I'm getting problem with the dll files registration. It compiles, links and builds the dll files. But when i try to register them using Regsvr32 it'll fail giving error like The instruction at "0x72842565" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"._________________________________________________________________________________________

So I tried to use Dependency walker and its results are below (I've pasted only the errors given by it):

LoadLibraryA("C:\WINDOWS\system32\MFC42LOC.DLL") returned NULL. Error: The specified module could not be found (126).

LoadLibraryExW("X:\Generation\Release\swfcinit.dll", 0x00000000, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) returned NULL. Error: Invalid access to memory location (998).

GetProcAddress(0x755C0000 [c:\windows\system32\MSCTFIME.IME], "ImeGetImeMenuItems") called from "c:\windows\system32\IMM32.DLL" at address 0x76397374 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Also I tried to open the dll file built in Debug mode in Dependency Walker. That file will be successfully loaded in. And one more thing i noticed is that it never depends on "MSCTFIME.IME" in the Debug mode.

So anyone can plz help me... I would be grateful to the members with solution...

Advertisements