Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 5100 All In One Printer/Scanner now won't SCAN

• Please log in to reply

jenfrompa

jenfrompa

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,
Great Site! First post here. I have a Dell which is about ready to be thrown out the window (which is another issue altogether!) using Windows 98.

Have used an HP 5100 All-in-One printer/scanner/copier/fax with no problems for about 6 months.

Just yesterday, it stopped scanning (I figure, just in time as the warranty runs out! :whistling:

Clicking on the scan button or actually pressing the scan button on the actual scanner results in the scanning window appearing, but only semi "drawn"--half a Hewlett Packard logo appears in the background and one of the only options is to preview or accept which each do nothing.

The scanner itself does nothing--the lamp does not warm up--no sounds or movement at all!

Any help/suggestions/mutual offerings of sympathy would be appreciated!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Jennifer :blink:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. If you're pressing the button and the lamp isn't moving , or no sounds are being made, I'm tempted to scream a hardware problem... The warranty ran out?

jenfrompa

jenfrompa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm just guessing that the warranty ran out--that would be my luck, I suppose!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling---would installing new drivers help?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Yes, always try reinstalling first. If not, install yourself an updated driver from HP's website, and see if that helps. Check for that warranty, you might need it.