Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Build Ideas[final]

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
AMD Athlon 3800+ Socket AM2 Orleans 2.4GHZ
Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2
Corsair DDR2 PC2-5400 667MHz Value Select 1GB
2 x EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256MB

i wonder if these parts are good enough for current games like F.E.A.R, and other futuregames? for a tight budjet if cant afford dual core.

Edited by silencer.dot, 25 November 2006 - 10:49 AM.

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
hmm if you are on a tight budjet i'd suggest ditching the dual card and just go with a x1800 or x1900 or 7800 single card it'll be cheaper than cross fire or sli, performancewise it's not a huge loss at all instead i'd forcus on getting a good mobo and chip. the core 2 duo 6300 is fairly cheap and extremely overclockable. It's always easy to upgrade gfx and ram but core and mobo are components that your pc should be built upon. And fear will be able to run fairly well on any modern systems with a decent gfx card. Can't say much about future games with new dx10 cards like the 8800 getting so fast the requirement for games will get pretty high. Usually a build should allow you to game on medium settings for future games for at least 1.5 yrs. That's just my personal exp.
Anyways good luck on that pc.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
mm im not really fond with intel processors....

AMD althon X2 4200+ dual core AM2 socket
Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2
Asus M2N4-SLI Socket AM2 nForce4 SLI MCP Chipset

im not sure but, im having trouble choosing a asus board or a gigbyte board... i read so much reviews in newegg. that the asus board up above when SLI its goes to 8x, and its unstabled with certain rams.. and need a certain power supply. gigabyte, had great reviews. but it doesnt work when u plug in 24 pin power thingy jack...

i have a 550 PSU Thermaktake
http://www.thermalta...2/w00101102.htm

can the cpu even handle SLI? can it even handle the motherboard from the reviews i read or from your experenice?

im acually gonna get the motherboard and the video card today afternoon. but before that i need some suggestions fast.. they only have 3 mobo each in stock!!

Edited by silencer.dot, 25 November 2006 - 10:51 AM.