Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless connection not available

• Please log in to reply

ekikos

ekikos

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
hey,
i am using xp home sp1. my problem is that the icon on task bar indicares that wireless connection unavailable.... the only thing is that i have connection to the internet via my router...any idea to what can cause that?? when i open network connections window the enable or repair option is not available.please help

thanks

Advertisements

Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Have you enabled the wireless signal on the router?
Have you configured the router properly?
Have you hidden the SSID?
Have you blocked the MAC address of the laptop's network adapter?

Tell us the procedures you have tried. What make is the router etc

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
i havent done anything. when i start my pc everything is working just fine after a while it just does what i explained. i have configured my router properly.i am using a linksys router and also mcafee firewall...

thanks for replaying quickly

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
any ideas???anybody??

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
right click on taskbar

properties

task bar

check inactive icons

look for wireless icon

select always hide

from drop menu

click apply

then click ok

does this help you

devoid

devoid

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Have you recently installed IE7? It has caused havoc with my system, causing the task bar icons for my wireless network to completely disappear. Had to uninstall and go back to IE6 to get them back.

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
hey,
sorry it took me a while to respond. the problem is still on. i havent installed IE7. or anything else for that matter...i dont want to just hide it on the task bar....im wondering why is it happenning. any other suggestions??

thanks

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
XP has a wireless setup function as I recall...I'm on wireless all the time, and it seems to me that that was the way it was set up...but don't quote me on that. It's been a while. I think it is in the Networking section of the help files.

I'd go back into the setup for your wireless system and reinstall... You will have to reset your access keys as well...don't forget :whistling: