Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Don't Know Password on log-in screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Danette

Danette

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there a way to bypass the password required screen on the login screen? We got this computer from someone else years ago and do not know what this password is, and this is the first time it's required that we give the password to log on. Is there anything I can do to get on without knowing it?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
no guarrantee this will work but give it a try.....

shut down computer>>>then turn back on>>>tap F8>>then use up and down arrows on keyboard choose safemode>>>hit enter>>>bunch a numbers show up but goes away>>>when log on click on administrator ......maybe logs on with out a password your ok>>>if not well your not ok>>but if administrator gets you in you can create delete any password anyone installed <><><><>give that a try

Edited by rushin1nd, 23 November 2006 - 11:35 PM.

Danette

Danette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Tried tapping F8....took me to a screen asking to choose a boot device, any of which choices took me to the attempt at opening windows, which then took me to the login screen. Looking like a virus, I'm guessing......

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
did you see admin log in then underneath user or what ever account

after you pressf8

you use keyboard arrows shows a black winow with a choice of login ...like safe mode
safewithnetworking
last good configuration
start windows normal

choose safemode

bunch partition stuff show up

then login screen

try to login on admin

Danette

Danette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Got to safemode....still requires the password. Thanks for trying to help me.

Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
you may find a solution here
http://www.petri.co....or_password.htm

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
While it is most likely that you are asking to recover a system password for legitimate reasons, this is a public forum and others who do not have legitimate reasons can find this thread and use it to help them. Thus, we are sorry but we cannot help with any topics relating to bypassing the system password. This thread is closed, if you have any questions, please contact me or another staff member.