Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New router and new wireless card...and TREND MICRO DASHBOARD NOT WORKI

• Please log in to reply

kotak77

kotak77

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
arite so i bought a wireless card and a router..and with the router came a trendmicro dashboard thingy..so i go on my desktop where the router is try and install trendmicro dashboard..im using IE7 and win XP sp2 on that desktop and on my laptop a completely legal version of windows vista since my uncle gets it at his job he gave it to me..so yea its legal. and i try to install TM dashboard so my network will be safe and im supposed to use IE 5.5 or later and i have IE 7..when i go to the site...and it says to download the Active X control...and says the yellow bar should come down and say do u want to install the active x control..but IT never says that!?...idky i did everything it said..i set the settings the way they should be and everything but it wont lemme download the actuve x control for TM Dashboard...any suggestions? i need help FAST!

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Well, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the software wasn't written for Vista, which will shoot that down, and further, that it was never written for IE7, which (I've heard) is moving away from the giant security mess that is ActiveX.

Trend Micro is (in my opinion) substandard antivirus. Go get Nod32, as people around here like to recommend, and uninstall the Trend Micro stuff. With maybe one or two exceptions, any security software that comes free with hardware isn't worth the time it takes to mess with it, and sometimes can do more harm than good.

In short, my suggestion is: uninstall it, and don't worry about it. If you really, really, really want it installed, contact TM and ask them how to get it to work with IE7.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
hah theres nothing to uninstall for the fact that it didnt even get anywhere...so ill try this Nod32..and ill post the result here...

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Is there any other good network antivirus thing besides Nod32? anything u guys would recommend