Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleting dll files

• Please log in to reply

islandcat

islandcat

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
This is running and shows up in my Sygate firewall. My computer seems to be running slow, I am guessing from this. My experience from the past is dont delete anything without checking with the experts. Can I safely get rid of this? My daughter must have been on here as have no idea why it is running. Thanks as usual.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Islandcat
You cannot delete that file.
The Kernel32.dll file is a 32-bit dynamic link library file in Windows 95,98,Me. The Kernel32.dll file handles memory management, input/output operations, and interrupts. When you start Windows, Kernel32.dll is loaded into a protected memory space so that other programs do not take over that memory space.

Use the search option and put in Kernel32.dll how many times does it show and what is the path it shows in.

Cheers
Peterm

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
In search it shows one file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM, but in Sygate if has 6 files C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Kernel32.dll. It is also saying 'trying to connect to pagead2 googlesyndication.com. I am assuming I should let it connect? Its just that I have never had this come up in Sygate before and its definately slowing computer down.

Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I would hazard a guess that this pagead2 googlesyndication.com is some sort of Adware that is sending your browsing habits somewhere so that in return you get related adverts either popping up on your PC and/or rediredcted search results and other general Browser Hijacks. So dont let it have access to the net.
If this is the case I would recommend you scan your PC for Adware/Spyware etc using one of the popular AntiSpyware programs
Lavasoft's AdAware SE
SpyBot search & destroy
get them from
http://www.filehippo...re/antispyware/
You should also install a program such as SpywareBlaster, that will stop this crud getting on your PC in the 1st place.
How about AntiVirus, do you have any?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
This is part of
pagead2 googlesyndication.com

Discover your site's full revenue potential.

Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website publishers of all sizes to display relevant Google ads on their website's content pages and earn money. Because the ads are related to what your visitors are looking for on your site — or matched to the characteristics and interests of the visitors your content attracts — you'll finally have a way to both monetize and enhance your content pages.

It's also a way for website publishers to provide Google web and site search to their visitors, and to earn money by displaying Google ads on the search results pages.
Its to do with counting how many hits you have on your website.
Has someone used your computer to set up a web site that you do not know about.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Ah that makes sense. So will try to get rid of it with what you suggested and see what happens. Will be back if run into a problems. Thanks as usual.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
K. downloaded spyware blaster and spybot. It worked but now have several other dll. files running which are probably these. I dont remember seeing running applications before, it was just with my computer running slow and noticing red on the icon that made me look there. I guess I will have to do something else to get things up to normal speed?? And just leave those as running?