Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ActiveX problems, affecting video play

• Please log in to reply

kaffrini

kaffrini

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been having problems playing video off of the web for the last 4 or 5 days. I noticed when I tried to play content off of TMZ.com. When I try to play a video a message comes up across the video window saying that ActiveX must be enabled, to enable it and refresh the screen. I don't know how to enable ActiveX, but I opened up the settings window in AOL and clicked to allow ActiveX. I then refreshed the window and it still didn't work. Today my daughter told me she couldn't play any movie trailer clips on yahoo movies, and I tried to play a video on yahoo music site that didn't work. The only site that I can play video clips on is Youtube.com. I have tried to get video playback on AOL explorer, Internet explorer, and Firefox. Also I tried to use the Help and Support Center on my computer a little while ago and clicked on troubleshoot DirectX and after it opened dxdiag I got a stop error screen twice.

Advertisements