Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Floppy disk drive removal

• Please log in to reply

Caseyb

Caseyb

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hello,

I just recently removed the floppy disk drive from my system because it was not functioning correctly. I was just wondering how to remove the driver and other keys. Every time I reboot the profile for the drive is still there. How do I completely remove all remnants of this drive?

Advertisements

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
I havent done this in a while but if you go into your control panel there will be an option to remove hardware components. You should go to that and if that doesnt work I would just go to my drivers folder and delete the drivers but try the control panel thing first and get a second opinion on deleting the drivers from your folder.

Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Enter the BIOS and disable the entry for 1.44mb FDD Change it to Not Installed (or whatever the wording is on your BIOS)
This option is normally found on the 1st page of the BIOS settings where you can set the clock and drives etc. often called Standard BIOS Features

Edited by Jack Hackett, 26 November 2006 - 10:12 PM.