Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some lines not shown in Word 2002

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I used to have Word 2000 and printing documents worked fine but know i have Word 2002 and an strange thing happened.
The documents i write have special margins, page size and line spacing.
Margins are: Top: 5,3 cm (2.12'') - Bottom: 2,2 cm (0.88'') - Left: 4,7 cm (1.88'') - Right: 2,5 cm (1'') - Gutter: 0 - Gutter position: Left

Page Size: (Personalized) Width: 22 cm (8.8'') - Height: 31,5 cm (12,6'')

Paragraph line spacing: Exactly (27 points)

After setting the page with those values a message saying "One or more margins are set outside the printable area of the page" appears. This message also appeared in Word 2000 but i clicked Omit and could print with no problems.
The problem i'm having with Word 2002 is that it does not print some of the last lines of the page. With the page setup mentioned above i can write 25 lines per page (that's what i need) but when printing (also when going to Preliminary View) i only get 22!.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Same printer?

If you don't want to change the paragraph spacing, try increasing the custom page size to fool Word into printing those extra lines.

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I finally could solve the problem. It was a silly misconfiguration regarding the printer.
In the printer setup the page size was A4, much smaller than the one i configured in Word. That's why some lines were not printed.