Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Epson Stylus C45 error when trying to print

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I have had an Epson Stylus C45 printer for almost a year and it worked fine until today. When i try to print i get an error message saying "Interior Panels Exhausted", also both lights (green and red) blink.
I tryed to google for this issue but i didn't get any results.

Is there a way to fix this?.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Internal printer problem.

Have it replaced under any warranty you may have.

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I really don't know if it still has any warranty...
Anyway, i found that the problem is related with the waste ink pads. I have to disassemble the printer, clean the pads and then reset the waste ink counter.
I still can't understand why brands like Canon and Epson use waste ink absorbers in their printers. The only reason i can think of is to make users spend extra money on servicing the printer.

DJ TiRtA

DJ TiRtA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi there... Diego8 ... :whistling:

I have same problem with you, can you tell me technically how to locate and clean the waste pad?
I have one more problem, I don't have the Epson Stylus C45 resetter software... can you send me one?
does Epson Stylus C43SX will has the same "ink waste pad" problem after we use it for printing a lot of printjobs?

best regards

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I'm not sure if the waste ink pads are in the same place as the c45, but i hope this helps.
Locating the waste ink pads was pretty easy. First of all you have to dissasemble the case, then remove the paper slot. To do this you have to unscrew three or four screws (at least in my c45) that keep the paper slot attached to the printer. After doing this you will see the ink pads, they are at the bottom back of the printer. Mine has four of them with an "L" alike shape.
Clean them with plain water, then let them dry a couple of hours until all the moisture is gone.
I advice you to remove both ink cartidges before doing this because an strange thing happened to me.
After removing the ink pads i cleaned the ink pad container (you'll see the little tube that drains the "waste" ink from the cartidges to the pads) then a couple of hours later i found that the container was full of ink!! :whistling: . And of course, the ink cartidges were almost empty :blink:
That happened because i didn't remove the ink cartidges before doing the whole process. I have no idea why that happened but probably by removing them you'll avoid that.

Epson resetter software can be found at http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml (the link to download it is located at the bottom of the page)
One last thing, to reset the waste ink counter you have to go to "Protection Counter" menu and then click "Reset Protection Counter".

Hope all this helps.