Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ACK! I'm seeing double!

• Please log in to reply

lnijjar

lnijjar

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hello!

I went through some major issues about a month ago with a mal & Spyware attack. Thanks to Buckeye Sam over in the Virus section I'm now running well up to speed again!

However - in the process of this attack...I have thousands of duplicate files...to include icons within my control panel... Sub-menus in my program file list...and many other places. Try as I may, I can't delete many of these (like in the control panel). Is there a safe (and preferably free) program to clean all this up?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
give unlocker a try and remove duplicate icons

after you install you simply right click on file or icon you wish to delete then click on the wand

then on the drop menu select delte and click unlock

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

are any of the duplicates in your add/remove programs as well

are there duplicate folders in My Computer when you open C:drive look under program files