Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Links + URLS

• Please log in to reply

Budgy1

Budgy1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys,
I'm looking through the site for the first time, please accept my apologies, if this request for a little help should have been elsewhere, but I couldn't figure out where.
I'm a keen scuba diver. We have a local forum and talk about diving etc. In conversation on the forum we sometimes give each other links to products at dive shops. I've a problem with a certain site writing links to the pages. For instance I copy the link on the website to a drysuit package but the link only works if you click on here first and I'd like to find a way of writing a direct link to the internal pages.

Edited by Budgy1, 28 November 2006 - 12:19 AM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
That page uses the ridiculous system called frames were you have two or more pages and they get displayed as one (there are far better ways of doing this). So you can't make a direct like to the item.

One way to get around that would be to open the inner page, which is https://vault2.secur...l/dw/indexb.asp

Hope this helps.

Budgy1

Budgy1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Michael.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You're right, the inside level links don't work correctly. The whole site is an "https" (secure), too, not just the store part. Odd.
Johanna