Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's The Best Program To Use In Order To Make An "ISO"

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
What's The Best Program To Use In Order To Make An "ISO" Image Of A Disc?

I need to make an iso image of a disc and must know which one I should use... The disc I will be making an image of has a lot of data on it, but I suppose it doesn't matter. I suppose when you make an image it doesn't matter what the disc has on it because your just making an image. & no it's not a dvd... it's a regular cd.

Thank You

Advertisements

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I use UltraISO which I think is the best, but a good free one is CDBurnerXP Pro which can be found at this link: http://www.download....tml?tag=lst-3-8

Hope it helps!

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I have alcohol 120 (trial), and clone cd (full version)... Are those of any use?

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Those will just write ISO files to cd's, they won't actually create new ones. So the answer to your question about Alcohol 120% and Clone CD is no.

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi, is this what you need

http://poweriso.com/ :whistling:

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Although PowerISO is a very good ISO program, UltraISO has much more variety for making ISO images. Although if your not willing to invest anything you could give the one I listed earlier that is free a try.

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Those will just write ISO files to cd's, they won't actually create new ones. So the answer to your question about Alcohol 120% and Clone CD is no.

:) :help: Look at this link :whistling: :blink:

ISO CREATION WITH ALCOHOL??

Well now that you've visited that link you know for the future!

Although PowerISO is a very good ISO program, UltraISO has much more variety for making ISO images. Although if your not willing to invest anything you could give the one I listed earlier that is free a try.

Are these both made by the same people?

Edited by superstar, 28 November 2006 - 04:22 PM.

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
They're not made by the same people, and no Alcohol will not create images in ISO format, it creates them in .mds/.mdf form. That website you had said it would create an image, never said in ISO format.

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
I use nero it can do iso's and a lot more

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ive made ISO images with alcohol, yes it does mdf/mds by default(nothing wrong with these formats) it also does bin and cue(most common) and unless i had some unique version it does ISO too.

It also burns, in fact Alcohol does almost everything you can do with optical media and images.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Both Nero and Easy CD Creator make ISOs and burn CDs from ISOs, and they also will handle cue, img and bin files.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I use PowerISO and it has never let me down.

forkart

forkart

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I recommend MagicISO. I think it is best tool to make iso image and burn iso image cd.
http://www.magiciso.com/

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
You can make ISOs with WinRAR.