Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI Simple Communications Controller Issue

• Please log in to reply

mupaco007

mupaco007

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I just installed a new hard drive, so I'm starting from scratch with all of my drivers and such. I'm trying to get my wireless internet to work, and the PCI Adapter is installed correctly (my computer recognizes it), but in my Device Manager, there's an exclamation point under "Other Devices" for the PCI Simple Communications Controller. It also says the drivers aren't installed.

Where can I find a PCI Simple Communications Controller driver for a Dell Dimension 2400 running Windows XP Pro?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
http://www.versiontr...einfo/win/51992

http://gpib-products..._for_windows_xp

You really need to tell us the exact hardware you are using so a driver can be found.

SRX660

mupaco007

mupaco007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
By "exact hardware," are you referring to the PCI itself, or the whole motherboard? And am I just looking for the company it's made by with a P/N, or is there something else I should look for to help determine which driver I need to download? (Thanks for the quick response, btw!)

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You probably need to go to the dell website and download the correct chipset drivers for your computer.

http://search.dell.c...i...p=1&ssysid=

You need to find the service tag for your computer and then look thru the drivers available for the chipset drivers you need.

The only thing that bothers me is why you need the chipset drivers. If the drivers are corrupted it may indicate that the motherboard is going bad and needs replacement.

SRX660

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you might want to go to majorgeeks.com and look for everest free edition. the search is half way down the left side. Run that and see what it says you have for a modem. Simple pci communiction device is more than likely the dial up modem. Then do as above to see what drivers that dell has for your system. and I would apply the chipset drivers as well.... they are probably more up to date than the restore put on.

mupaco007

mupaco007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
OK, thanks shard92 and SRX660...I got the PCI Simple Communications Controller issue to go away! It turns out that there's some other issue that's preventing me from getting my wireless internet to work, so I'll have to figure that one out by myself. Thanks again for the hardware help!