Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need users to send emails from public computer

• Please log in to reply

DKasler

DKasler

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ok.. Here is my issue.

The Volunteer Ambulance service I work for just got blackberries and I want the dispatchers to be able to email the officers who have them. I dont want the dispatchers to have access to a program like outlook or thunderbird because if some dofus changes 1 setting its not going to work...

Besides that Im not sure most of the dispatchers are capable of sending an email with either of those apps.

I was thinking of the old school email appliances, but It needs to be able to use our existing network not a modem.

If there was an app that could run full screen and not be affected by ctrl + alt + delete and so on that might work...

Any other thoughts or suggestions? I could really use a hand.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
What type of email do your dispatchers have currently? If it's something like Earthlink, they can log in to the Earthlink's web interface and send email.

More information on what type of email the dispatchers have would be helpful in finding a suitable solution.