Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Path to php binary?

• Please log in to reply

UberMario

UberMario

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
So, I uploaded community builder script and the installation asks for the path to those things^. I guess most webhosts give it to you or something since I haven't found much help about it. The default location for those four things are usr/local/bin/php, .../bin/mogrify, .../bin/convert, .../bin/composite. It also told me to install ImageMagick if I don't have these and I tried to install it but I'm not too sure how or where (If I need to install it onto my computer or the server and I don't know how to upload it to the server...). So, I believe most people already have a usr folder in their directory somewhere with those folders already there. Right?

Er. Ask for more details from where if needed. This is getting very confusing.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
This is not something that we can really help you with. The only person in the whole wide world that is going to know the answer to this is your web host, I recommend you contact them.

I'll guess you have to install ImageMagick to the server, you might have to ask your host to do that, as you might not have the access needed.

What is your web site? and where did you get community builder script from?

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
script is from www.boonex.com/products/dolphin you can try to upload it onto your website and then see what I mean...

My website has its priorities set to anyone so I'd rather not disclose its address quite yet.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I tried it, I see what you mean. Hope your host can sort it out for you.

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Do you get a correct directory for it?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Well I have a web server install on my computer for testing, so I know ever path with out thinking :whistling: So yes I did get the correct directory for it. But that is not going to help you much. Talk to your web host, or is that not a option?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You might like to follow this topic as well.

http://www.geekstogo...in-t140174.html

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
My webhost doesnt really reply to anything i say. but okay.

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Okay, well, I installed ImageMagick. I put this folder into my public_html...

http://www.photopost...nstall-php.html

"uncompress to a folder on your server, and configure config-inc.php to point to the path to mogrify.exe"

I uncompressed, where would config-inc.php be located and how do i configure it?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It would be somewere is the ImageMagick directory. I not sure were as I don't have it. I would ask a question like that on their forum. Or unzip it on your computer and do file search for it.

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Yeah, I'm talking with my webhost about it right now. They say that it already has ImageMagick =\.

Very odd.

I'll tell you if I get this sorted out.